The Nebraska Organization of Nurse Leaders (NONL) is affiliated with the American Organization of Nurse Executives and the Nebraska Hospital Association. NONL focuses on nursing leadership and leadership development. This is accomplished through mentoring, networking, education, conferences and collaborative partnering with other state, regional, and national healthcare organizations/associations across the continuum of care. We serve as a central repository for evidence-based leadership research and supporting data. Our members include emerging, seasoned, and retired nurse leaders from acute and community-based venues as well as the academic world. We willingly share wisdom and embrace innovation and diversity. We are dedicated supporters of the Nebraska Action Coalition’s Advancing Nursing Leadership Team and actively dedicate time, treasure, talent, and leadership expertise to achieve team goals and objectives.
What Does N.O.N.L. Do?
- Provides a collective voice for issues involving nurses, patient care, and the health and wellbeing of all Nebraskans in collaboration with the Nebraska Nurses Association and the Nebraska Hospital Association.
- Provides access to information from American Organization of Nurse Executives (A.O.N.E.).
- Provides access and support to Nursing leaders/aspiring leaders in the State.
- Represents nursing leadership with the ultimate goal of providing effective patient care.
- Provides a medium for the interchange of ideas and dissemination of information.
- Provides a platform for Nursing leaders/aspiring leaders to speak in a unified voice.
- Provides consultation and direction on matters relating to nursing and health care issues.
- Identifies and defines health care issues that affect nursing and establishes position statements.
- Promotes educational programs and activities to strengthen and enhance the capacity of Nursing leaders/aspiring leaders to direct patient care.
- Provides programs to enhance the interchange of ideas and aid in professional growth and development.
- Supports nursing research activities.
NONL is a 501 (c) (3) organization and therefore can’t do “substantial” lobbying. We do not have a political action committee (PAC) nor as an organization do we give PAC donations. We take positions on issues but not on legislation. We have position statements. We educate our members on issues and concerns. We help others find their voice and prime their pump to make informed decisions.