The NONL State Board consists of representatives from the three local districts within Nebraska. It serves as a coordinating council and advisory board to identify overarching strategic goals and objectives and develop implementation initiatives. NONL State meets every other month at a location that is mid-state and/or via phone conference as emerging issues warrant.
2016 NONL State Board Members include:
- Pam Uhlir, Center for Nursing Liaison, President, member District III
- Dee Ernesti RN, MSN, Past President, member District I
- Rose Leavitt Secretary/Treasurer, member District I
- Cindy Costanzo, President District I
- Rick Missell, Representative to State, District I
- Jan Wintle, retired, District I
- Judy McGee, Southeast Liaison
- Linda Walline, Past-President State, member District II
- Nicole Blaser, President, District II
- Carol Kampschnieder, Secretary/Treasurer District II
- Dana Steiner, President, District III
- Tammy McMichael, Secretary/Treasurer, District III
- Open—Western Liaison
NONL State Board is the primary contact for liaison with other nursing, healthcare, and consumer partners such as the Nebraska State Board of Nursing, Nebraska Center for Nursing, Nebraska Action Coalition (NAC), Nebraska Nursing Association (NNA), various local and national nursing and non-nursing organizations, the Nebraska Hospital Association (NHA), and the Nebraska Chapter of AARP.
To maintain affiliation with the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) the two elected positions of NONL President and Secretary/Treasurer at a minimum must be AONE members in good standing. The NONL president, or his/her designee, participates in regularly scheduled AONE Regional and Affiliate meetings. AONE hosts a yearly national meeting that is open to member and non-member nurse leaders. Nebraska is part of Region 6 which includes Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, and South Dakota. There are a total of 9 regions. All 50 states plus Washington, D.C. are represented.